In this post i will describe how to setup domain child name servers for a domain to use branded name servers for your web hosting company.
The tutorial covers only order box hosting control panel or similar control panel such as resellerClub, DirectI and StarGate. Follow the below steps:
- Login to your domain control panel as reseller or customer with valid username and password.
- Goto your domain for which you want to create child name servers.
- Now go to your domain settings as below:
- Now click on child name servers link
- At this point you will get two input boxes asking for Host name and IP address.
- Following below images shows:
- Put your host name such as ns1 in Host Name box so it will be treated as ns1.yourdomain.com
- Put Primary IP address of your server in second box and click Submit
- You have created 1 child name server for your domain now lets create another one.
- Repeat the above same step for your second child name server with ns2 and in IP Address field put secondary IP address of your server.
- You can use only one IP Address for both child name servers.
- You are done, you have created two child name servers to use for your web hosting account.
- Now pont your main domain name servers to just created name servers and use both name server for your other domains hosted on your server.